Winter Storms Can Cause Lots of Damage to Your North Muskegon Home
Michiganders and North Muskegon residents should be prepared to pull out the puffy coats and bundle up this winter! The Farmers Almanac is expecting temperatures and conditions to be freezing this year in Michigan. There are many different possible types of storm damage in the winter months. The following are a few to be aware of:
- Strong winds may loosen roof shingles.
- Strong winds may pick up rocks or other small items and throw them against your siding and windows.
- Snow or ice can potentially make its way inside holes or cracks in your foundation, roof, or siding.
- Tree branches could fall onto your roof or scrape your siding.
- Ice dams can block water from going down gutters and force water under your shingles.
- Heavy snows can cause your roof to collapse.
There are actions that you can take ahead of time to prepare yourself and your home or business prior to a storm. Check out our blog, Protect Your Cloverville Home from Winter Woes for information on what you can do to prevent winter storm damage to your home or business.
Was your home or business affected by winter storm damage? Call SERVPRO of Muskegon to assess the damage, 231-733-7601, we are Here to help®