Celebrate Summer Safely in North Muskegon
Summer's in North Muskegon, MI make you think of beach days, camping, and grilling out with family and friends. SERVPRO of Muskegon hopes you stay safe and have an amazing summer. Consider the following tips, provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), to keep you and your family safe this upcoming season.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids that are designed for barbecue grills. Also, do not add fluid after coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check hoses for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- When camping, always use a flame-retardant tent and set up camp far away from the campfire.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building the fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter (not gasoline) away from tents and the campfire, and only use dry kindling to freshen an existing campfire.
If your property experiences a fire from a grill mishap, call SERVPRO of Muskegon today, 231-733-7601