Fire Strikes a School in Muskegon, MI
Last month, a school in Muskegon, MI experienced a fire from an exhaust fan in the ceiling of a bathroom. SERVPRO of Muskegon was called out immediately to assess the damage. The fire was put out with a small amount of water but the entire school had soot throughout on surfaces.
When you experience a fire in your business, the same and water damage from the firefighters' extinguishing efforts likely cause additional damage. If you experience a fire loss in your business, here are some tips to better understand the fire restoration process:
- First Contact When you call us, you will be asked questions regarding the fire damage that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate team, equipment, and resources.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment SERVPRO of Muskegon will carefully inspect the entire building, not just the immediate area, as sometimes soot and water can affect areas that are not always seen. This step is crucial to developing the best plan of action.
- Immediate Board-up and Roof Tarp Service Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, missing windows and walls are boarded up and damaged roofs are tarped.
- Water Removal and Drying (if water is present) The water removal process begins almost immediately, removing the majority of the water. Most of the water occurs if pipes melt and leak, from sprinkler systems, or from firefighters' efforts to extinguish the fire. We use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water to complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire with SERVPRO commercial grade cleaning products. We can also remove several types of odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
If you have experienced fire damage in your business, call SERVPRO of Muskegon today, (231) 733-7601.