Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Melted lightbulb

Fire Caused by a Cigar in Cloverville, MI

This homeowner in Cloverville was enjoying a cigar in bed before turning in for the night.  He never thought his relaxing routine would turn into a nightmare.  This lightbulb is the aftermath of ashes falling on the sheets and catching fire.

If your home or business has suffered fire damage, call SERVPRO of Muskegon, 231-733-7601, we are Here to Help®

Soot on outside of pole barn after tractor fire. Half done, half undone.

Tractor Fire In Pole Barn

This customer experienced fire damage to their pole barn after their tractor caught fire inside. Most of the damage was interior; however, the outside was also effected when the soot rolled out of the overhead. Luckily, our technicians have the equipment and experience to restore all different types of surfaces. This picture is when half of the exterior had been completed.

Soot on ceiling around air vent.

Smoke & Soot Blown Through HVAC System

Candles have the ability to make quite the mess. This customer's home experienced smoke and soot damage when a candle began to smolder. The smoke was sucked into the HVAC system and blown throughout the home.

Charred wood and soot on the floor after a house fire in Muskegon.

Candle Starts House Fire

A house fire can start very quickly and easily. This homeowner in Muskegon, MI experienced fire damage when a candle lighter sparked and set a bedroom ablaze. The homeowner shut the bedroom door before calling 911, which helped contain the damage to the bedroom and hallway. Fire damage restoration is meticulous and should only be performed by professionals. We have the equipment and experience necessary to restore your home or business.

Call Us Today – (231) 733-7601

Soot Covered Bathroom

Soot from a fire can make most homeowners feel overwhelmed. The cleanup is tedious and can do more harm than good if not done correctly. If you experience fire damage, we can handle the mess!

Soot Web

A fire can produce black spider web looking things called soot webs. Many individuals believe that these are produced by smoke attaching itself to spider webs. In reality, soot webs are produced by soot circulating to a cooler area (the ceiling) in a room and clinging to each other creating a web.

Paint Bubble

Fire and extreme heat can cause some strange things to happen. When this homeowner experienced a fire, the heat caused the paint on the wall to begin to bubble.

Grill Fire

There are many Muskegon residents who regularly use outdoor grills throughout the summer months. Even though this tends to carry less safety concerns than cooking indoors, bad things can still happen. This homeowner experienced a grease fire in their outdoor grill that resulted in catching their home and garage on fire.

Soda Blasting Soot

When a vehicle catches fire in a pole barn, the soot damage can be extreme. This barn in Coopersville required some extensive soda blasting to remove the soot that coated the walls and ceiling. Soda blasting is a mild form of abrasive blasting used in a variety of situations. If you are in need of soda blasting, give us a call!

Have Questions? Call Us Today – (231) 733-7601

Fire Melted Laptop

A fire does not only effect where you live, but also the things that you own. This Muskegon house fire began in the basement and slowly worked its way up upward charring everything in its path. One of their total loss items is this laptop, which had been so severely effected that the keys began to melt and curl. 

Grease Fires

Cooking is the leading cause of house fires by a wide margin according to Using grease tends to make cooking even more dangerous. If you experience a grease fire, there are two main ways to resolve the situation. The first is to take away the oxygen. The only way fire can continue to burn is if it has access to oxygen. If you put a lid on the pot or pan that is on fire, the fire will begin to die. The second is to remove the heat source. This means to either move the pot or pan to an unlit burner or turn the burner off. DO NOT, under ANY circumstance, attempt to put the fire out using water. This picture demonstrates what a small grease fire can evolve to when water is used to extinguish. 

Fire Damage Causing a Thick Layer of Soot on Every Flat Surface

When a fire damage happens, we recommended that you limit the foot traffic in the home to prevent soot particles from being transferred to areas of the home not effected with soot damage. This also helps prevent particles from embedded in the carpet. The use of clean towels or old linens on high traffic areas is very helpful as well.

Call SERVPRO of Muskegon (231) 733-7601

Bathroom Counter Covered in a Layer of Soot

The soot damage in shown in this bathroom was caused by faulty wiring in a dehumidifier. The wiring smoldered filling the home with black smoke leaving behind a thick layer of soot on every flat surface. To protect the chrome fixture in this bathroom, it's recommended that you clean and apply a light coat of petroleum jelly or oil. Call SERVPRO of Muskegon 231-733-7601. We are always Here to Help.

Soot Damage Dining Room Table

At first glance you might not see anything wrong with this picture, until you notice the light brown circle in the middle of the table. That's the original color of wood before a fire smoldered causing major soot damage in this home. Every flat surface was covered in soot. SERVPRO of Muskegon was here to help in a matter of hours to mitigate the damages, meet with the adjuster and come up with a plan of action to help make this loss "Like it never even happened".

Soot Damage Caused by Dehumidifier Malfunction

The dehumidifier that was hard wired into this home malfunctioned pushing soot thru the duct work completely covering every flat surface of this three story vacation home. SERVPRO of Muskegon Professionals were able to inventory and pack out the contents, complete the content cleaning off-site and restore the structure. 

Foam Used in Residential Fire

This residential fire started from a dryer malfunction in the basement level of the home. As you can see in the photo, the local fire department used foam to suppress the fire which left about 2" of foam/water in the lower level. SERVPRO of Muskegon Professionals were able to restore the home damages caused by the fire and water.

Fire in an Industrial Structure

SERVPRO of Muskegon can respond immediately to your commercial fire damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We have the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial losses such as the fire loss shown in the picture. 

Fire in a Commercial Building

This picture shows SERVPRO technicians on lifts cleaning soot off of the 23 foot high ceilings after a fire loss inside this commercial property. SERVPRO of Muskegon has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies.