Quick Response is Key for Minimal Damage to Your Montague Home
Water damage restoration requires some of the most involved work in the restoration industry. This is due to the fact that water damage does not stop after things get wet. It can continue to cause increasingly worse damage the longer it's left without proper mitigation. The following is a water damage timeline:
A Few Minutes
- Water quickly spreads throughout the property, saturating everything it comes in contact with.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpet.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
1 - 24 Hours
- Drywall beings to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
2 - 7 Days
- Mold and mildew may start to grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than A Week
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
This home in Montague, MI did not understand the water damage timeline and let their water damaged basement sit for days before contacting us. As you see in the photo, mold began to grow, potentially putting their family at risk and increasing the time and cost of restoration.
Call SERVPRO of Muskegon 24/7/365 to avoid worse damage to your property and belongings after a water damage, 231-733-7601