How to Protect Yourself in Montague, MI During a Power Outage
Power outages can be stressful not knowing when power will be restored to your Montague home. Check out these power outage tips from Ready.gov to be ready for the next outage.
- Have enough nonperishable food and water on hand.
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. Throw out food if temperatures reach 40 degrees or higher inside the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use a generator, but ONLY outdoors and away from windows.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- Have enough flashlights for every household member with backup batteries.
- Check with local officials about heating and cooling locations open near you.
Experienced damage to your home after a storm? Call SERVPRO of Muskegon, we are Here to Help, 231-733-7601