Water damage that tends to be one of the least noticeable is when an appliance is leaking. An appliance leak can go unnoticed for months causing serious damage to your home. Unfortunately it is not only water damage that you have to be concerned about, but also the mold that it can produce. If you discover a leaky appliance, it is very important to know whether or not it has produced mold. If you smell a musty odor around the affected area, it is likely that mold growth has begun regardless of whether it is visible. Mold does not need light to grow so it is common to find it in damp and dark areas. Moisture and mold that is left unresolved can result in severe structural damage.